AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Flash ad with JavaScript injections?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I'm being asked whether I can create an ad with the same general functionality as this one, to be placed into Google Adwords:

http://advertising.msn.co.jp/rmgallery/archives/2006award/hdy/08/view.htm (warning: it ONLY works in IE - I know, right?)

I'm aware of how to approach the ad construction itself, but I need to know whether Google allows JS to be injected into a page by Flash banner ads. If not, I don't think it'll be possible...

Thanks for any assistance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Flash ad with JavaScript injections?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi tinuviel,

Thanks for your post!

You can find the requirements for AdWords Flash Ads here. I would pass these requirements to your developer and they can review the compatabilities with the ads you require. 

Hope this helps!

Neevie 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I AM the developer, and none of the points on that page address whether it's possible to inject javascript into the hosting page of the ad. Thus, I'm posting here, looking for the answer.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

I've forwarded this question along to some engineers I know who work on display ads.  No guarantees, but hopefully one of them will know the answer.

Laura

AdWords engineer

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Here's a definitive answer from one of our Flash ads folks:

We do not allow ads to inject scripts into the page.

Looking at the ad on IE, it looks like this is a cross-slot ad where orange juice drips from one slot to another. I don't think in general this is possible through GDN [Google Display Network], even if we did allow the scripting.

Laura