AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Flash Ad with user input Text area and carry data on button click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to create a display ad in flash with a text area and a button. In the text area a user can type in his/her info and on button click, I want to redirect the user to my landing page with the data captured in the text area. I want to redirect user only on the button click and do nothing if user clicks somewhere else in the ad.

When I created the ad and uploaded in AdWords, I got the following error messages: Flash performs disallowed operation - Mouse Tracking and after making some changes I got this error message Flash performs disallowed operation - Network Access. First I created with AS3 and then AS2. Can anyone help me in creating such ad? I can share the flash project as well.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Flash Ad with user input Text area and carry data on button click

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Ashish D, 

Here is some more information on the error messages you were seeing that will hopefully help you understand what you need to change in order to make your ad compliant with our policies: 

Mouse Tracking:

This relates to our Trick to Click policy and basically, it's not allowed but it sounds like you took that out anyways so you're all good there. 

Network Access:

This error occurs when ad attempts to send or receive information involving an external server. A Flash ad cannot perform any network-related activities involving external server calls, such as calls for JavaScripts or additional functionality. All functionality must be localized to the ad itself. Once the code making external calls is removed from the ad, the ad will be eligible for upload in AdWords. Please see here for information on implementing a ClickTag.

Please let us know if you have any further issues with uploading these ads but once you fix these errors, you should be good to go. 

Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Hannah.

I tried different options, but still I am unable to create the desired ad.

Would you or anyone you know be able to assist me creating an interactive flash ad? I want to capture user's age & gender and on button click, I want to redirect the user to landing page and pre-fill the form with the capture data.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Ashish D,

I have escalated your issue to our support team. They will be in touch via email soon to help you with creating this ad. 

Let us know if you have any other questions about this,

Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ashish,

Did you succeed ?
I'm trying to create an ad with an input text too.

Best regards,
Oliver.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I am also interested in knowing the outcome of this - were you able to create an ad of the kind that you describe? Is that in compliance with the rules?