AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Fixing Suspended Site "User Safety"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any adivce from experts would be greatly appreciated.

I made some changes do to the use of the wording "permant weight loss" and changed to "effecitive weight loss"

Any thing else I can do?

Landing Page: http://totalathomefitness.com/stopbellyfat/

Website #2:  http://myweboffers.biz

Landing Page:  http://myweboffers.biz/fitness101

TIA

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Fixing Suspended Site "User Safety"

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
HI,

i'm sure @MosheTLV can help you on this,

I have a feeling your first site might go under Information harvesting section as well.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Weight loss is a "sensitive" issue to be promoted on Google;

Your business model does not promote moderate diet with exercise. (The scientific  common / conventional approach for weight loss). Thus, I do not think you can advertise it on Google.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply but I don't except that.

I just typed "weight loss" in to google and got an ad promoting Hydroxycut (weight loss pills) and a boat load of sites offering weight loss & cosmetic surgery. Even and ad for hulu plus that must have a dynamic title based on what I typed in. Talk about misleading

Even the 3rd add on the very top of the 1st page is a completely misleading ad (Fake Warning) to a site promoting Garcinia Cambogia

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Sam,

Your story sounds very similar to what I have gone through sometime ago... Fast forward to the present and after compiling around 70 pages of documented changes, numerous requests for review I now find that even though my website is compliant my account still remains suspended... and that is after 2 months of solid work to make changes over and over again... you can read about it here: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/Why-should-I-delete-my-website/m-p/353506

The reason being that the website which belongs to the product which I am promoting has now been deemed non-compliant... The irony being that last week there where quite a few ads promoting this and today none... I am sure this is no coincidence...

This means that the only thing I can do is to replace my entire website with a sanitized placeholder which does not promote anything and in essence means my website is deleted... That is in order to get my account re-instated...

I cannot believe that Google can be this invasive... This is truly perverse in every aspect when you consider that there are hundreds of websites promoting these products on the SERPs... All of which are violating Adwords... Surely if one demonstrates clear understanding of policies through implementing changes etc then it should be sufficient that the removal of the ad will be enough for account reinstatement vs. deleting a compliant website...

So my advice is be careful how you proceed next... The last thing you want to do is waste months of solid work and on the last hurdle be told that your website meets all criteria but the product you are promoting has issues because of the prodicts website violates policies...

I also agree with your points made wrt websites which have Adwords approval that are in obvious violation... Should the same level of scrutiny be applied to what you and I have gone through then I am sure most websites will be deemed in violation and consequently where would Google be with profits?

Being very blunt... A pyrrhic victory may be the outcome that you get whereby you can only get your account back upon deleting all of your hardwork!

I hope it all goes well for you...

Good Luck!

Sid

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
@Sid ;
Please share your website URL
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Moshe -

For sure I just added the website links to my original post as I don't want to hijack sam's issues on this post... You can find this at:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/Why-should-I-delete-my-website/m-p/353506

Appreciate any advice you can offer (as with anyone else) as per replying on my post...

Thank you,

Sid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just got the notification that my account is suspended, so I'm just moving on to other traffic sources. Its silly really 2 attempts at creating an ad, 2 denials and a suspension of the account.

I really feel like Google never gave me a chance.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sam,

Indeed I really feel for you with what you are going through... As mentioned I've gone through this myself and after considerable changes and efforts to resolve I now find that despite following all of the guidance its been completely futile as the changes requested are now overrided by new issues which are outside of my control. In otherwords I am unable to make changes to a third pary website which sells the product and hence Google demands that I delete my website even though my website is now deemed compliant...

Thats basically months of hard work down the toilet... and a stark choice between deletion of website(s) in order to get my account back or to walk away from it... Experience to date is not positive and it seems to me that almost every website is not compliant if one looks hard enough or takes a zealot attitude to refuse based on personal opinion... Its really easy to throw rocks at any given website and cite policy after policy on ambiguity which lacks any sense of moderation and realism...

After all surely the right approach would be to accept that removal of ad and website from account now that I have clearly demonstrated efforts to resolve... and not to demand invasive perversed action to delete... This is crossing a new boundary and further this same logic should therefore apply to the organic SERP.

It is incredible that despite my websites now not having any issues the new and magical issue which has arisen is the products website which is now all of a sudden violating policies... This should of been raised on day one and not months down the road... and my fear is that will be the end result for you...

So on that note you might be best to walk away from it.. I commend your attitude to do so...

Now looking at your website - should you wish to give it ago for review then my observations are as follows:

1) I do not believe that you are violating the info harvesting policy as you provide links to click on so that the user can exit the page.

2) I see that on the landing page you do not have a disclaimer e.g. results are atypical etc or a disclosure statement regarding your business model and how you earn income e.g. you are compensated for purchase of promoted product at zero cost to readers...

3) You need to add a privacy and terms of conditions page...

4) In addition you need to go through your entire website and make sure that it too does not violate any policies e.g. avoid any exaggerated text or unsubstantiated claims etc...

If you do decide to do all of that, in the end you may get the final blow and that is to now delete all of your hard work as the promoted products website is in violation....

Again good luck with your future efforts...

Cheers,

Sid

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear Sam - I hope you don't mind the following update on your thread given that we are both in the similar situations and that I had previously voiced my issues here.. Hopefully those reading this will benefit from the outcome with deciding on how to move forwards based on my experiences to date... I very much hope it goes well for you ;-) Cheers, Sid

[UPDATE]

As I have spent months working diligently implementing change after change with provision of meticulous documentation amounting to approx. 70 pages in support to the review process I have decided to delete the websites as requested. The reasons for this are:

1) Since account suspension I have worked hard to understand and implement all of the rules with advice and feedback given from the Adwords support team. The result of which was that my changes resulted in a compliant website and with that gaining of much greater understanding, especially with regards to future activities.

2) I also realize one must be very careful as to which products to promote, regardless if there are current websites promoting this on Adwords. Mistakes do happen and I am sure eventually these websites will get caught out. As proof of my commitment to adhere to this is the very fact that I have gone ahead and deleted my websites and with that months of work wasted with the hope that these lessons learned will not be for nothing with re-instatement of my Adwords account.

I will provide an update accordingly for all concerned on this forum as to the outcome of this request for review for re-instatement of my account.

Respectfully,

Sid