AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Fixing Site Suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm trying to understand why a site won't pass the Adwords policy.

It fails on:

"Site Not Working" and "Usefulness"

In my defense, it's a fully operational job board built on a system used by plenty of others. I've added a couple of standard policy pages to the site that were not "missing" but difficult to find. Then made a new advert, carefully worded. But it has still been disapproved for Site Policy. So I must be missing something obvious.

The site is: www.blocktribe.com

Can anyone perhaps point me in the correct direction?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Fixing Site Suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tony S,

Is the front page / index page the landing page of your ad?

Let's look at what AdWords says...

• Site Not Working. Do you have a limited hosting package that possibly displayed a bandwidth error or something like that? If AdWords crawls your site and does not reach the URL of the ad, it will create issues. 
  • Usefulness. From a quick glance, it looks like the site is designed for the purpose of gathering personal info, which right away gets into a delicate area with the use of AdWords. You need a business model that defines you as a business and you need to look & feel like an actual business. AdWords is not a classified system to advertise another classified system. You need to be a business to effectively use AdWords. 

You can review this info. Watch the video and read over the info carefully.

I think until you bring more quality content to the page, have a defined business structure, make the site look more credible (and not simply a search directory and classified posting system). You should at least be talking about your company, defining who, what and why you are who you are. I am unclear as to whether Block Tribe is a licensed business or a coined phrase or if Block Chain is your company and Block Tribe is division of it, etc..   

Kind Regards,

James