AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Fixing Site Suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts,

So I've got a website up and had an ad campaign running for a few days. Then adwords suspended my site. It is a diabetes nutrition site. I have called in to the 800# about ten times in the past week, to no avail. I get a different answer every time of what's wrong. I have taken out the following words from my site: cure, reverse, etc. Except in the disclaimers where I say this site cannot cure diabetes. I have resubmitted my ads 8X times to just keep getting denied.

Did adwords just dump me in the HIPAA violation bucket? Is there any way to get out? I would like to fix the site to advertise but I cannot get a clear answer of what is wrong.

I have requested to speak with a supervisor twice, never to have anyone return my call.

For someone who has owned stock in GOOG since the IPO, I am quite frustrated. Surely, I feel at least warranted to an answer of what is wrong or you can't advertise here, go away.

Please help, I am open to all input. Thanks in advance.

http://fivehourdiabetic.com

Best,

Frank

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Frank F
January 2016

Re: Fixing Site Suspended

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Frank F;

Well... Briefly looking, there are a number of violations on the website, but IMHO, the major violation is that you are offering/ claiming / implying a cure/ healing of diabetes, while you are NOT a pharmaceutical company.
My view, the content of this site has to be completely revamped. (As mentioned, there are other "minor" violations: e.g. Non SSL transaction page.)

All claims MUST be within the common acceptable scientific / medical practice.
Honestly, I don't think there is an easy fix here. The whole business model seems to be in question, whether can be advertised on Google, at all.

PS: Google reviews the overall meaning /essence of the content. So, eliminating specific words (e.g.  "cure")  will NOT resolve the issue.

And no: HIPAA legislation (if this is your intent)  is not  an issue directly related  the  content of the website. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

Okay, that's a helpful answer. Thanks.

It's a tricky subject, though. I am not offering to sell, nor advertise pharmaceuticals. And type 2 has only been reversed with lifestyle changes, never with just drugs alone. I've linked to published medical studies in the disclaimer and footer. I have set this site up with the help of two doctors. By that regard, this implied medical claim seems within common medical practice. It is well known in medicine that most, but not all, cases of type 2 can be reversed.

http://drhyman.com/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21656330

Noted on HIPAA; thanks.

I'll keep trying to speak with someone at google.

Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it.

Best,
Frank

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi My site has been suspended due to policy breach : Tobacco.

My site www.wisevapes.co.uk I sell Atomizers for E-Shisha and sell no products containing nicotine or tobacco, Would really appreciate your help and advice on this.

Kind Regards Dan

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again; 

@Wise M;

Promotion of accessories which facilitate the consumption of tobacco is not allowed;

@Frank F; Note: it's not only your content, but  also the content of the references you linked, while no proper disclaimer there;

I read the disclaimer, and honestly,  reading it as a user, I don't quite understand what it the "message delivered"  when saying: "The amount of organ and tissue damage incurred as a result of type 2 diabetes and/or metabolic syndrome can make some cases of diabetes medically impossible to reverse."

A disclaimer should be stated / written   in simple language, easily comprehended  by a  common user.

PS: while reading the disclaimer a popup  was shown, asking for my email - this is a violation of the usefulness clause of the Policy;

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Noted. I will work on that verbiage to make it clearer to the user. And I missed that popup, thanks for the heads up.

I think my site has a home for a certain audience, but not through mainstream channels on google ads. Thanks for clearing this up, I am done barking up this tree.

Truly this was a help. I appreciate your time.

Best,
Frank

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe TVL,

Could you please check this website www.hackney.in we are a web development firm. This site is also suspended in AdWords. Colud you please the changes we need to make in this site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
my account is been suspended said Your account is suspended - We've suspended this and any related AdWords accounts because you violated our promotional code policy. what should i do could some one please help ,e

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Lets be real here . Google is considering vapor products tobacco and it is NOT at all tobacco. the entire state of New York may be the only state in our country that has a judge smart enough to recognize this ! Vapor products are made from food grade products and lab created nicotine usually it does not even come from tobacco it can come from a tomato having nothing to do with tobacco . vapor is a safe alternative it is not smoking I am sick of being rejected by google and facebook it is not their place to say something is another thing when it simply is not. petition time people this has gone on for a decade vape is not going away so its time to step up and make things right .