AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Fixing Site Suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a site that has been suspended since I first put up ads for it. I get a variety of reasons why from emails and calls to the 800 number. No one has been able to give any actual and definitive reason for the suspension. One said malware, but we've checked the site and there is no malware. The site is for an acupuncture practice, but we have advertised acupuncture practices on Google for years in other locations and never had a problem. In fact the ad we submitted is the same ad we've used with our other acupuncture practices. How does one resolve this problem when no one will respond to emails and 800 number reps cannot even agree on what's wrong? This has been a very frustrating process. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Fixing Site Suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

When this happens, it could be a link in a third party plugin, source code, css files, a link on a webpage, etc.. The offending malicious/unwanted software may not be actually visible on your website. If you have a WordPress website, it is highly likely that the issue is with a plugin. 

It can be really difficult to locate the issue but you must to resume use of AdWords. Keep in mind that malicious and unwanted are two different things so the link may simply be pointing to a software sales site, which would leave your website malware free but still breaking the requirements of AdWords. 

As a peer-to-peer help community, we are not able to see or access any accounts or personal information. When a Google AdWords Account is suspended, they send a email with specifics outlined in it. From there, you have to start at the beginning and review and research what it says and attempt to work through it. Depending on how severe the issue, there may not be a way to fix it.

Please use this help file to guide you. If we can answer any specific questions, please do let us know. 

All the Best,

James

Fixing Site Suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've already been through all of that. I've removed plugins, I've been through the advertising policy, I've seen the help files, and yet I still cannot find what Google thinks is wrong with the site. I've never received an email with specifics. Just the ones telling me to check the advertising policy. Adwords is no longer the only game in town and while I'd like to get it to work, the poor communication and lack of response in this case makes me wonder if we shouldn't spend our advertising dollars somewhere else. 

Fixing Site Suspended

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Norman,

Sorry for your experience. If you could, please use this complaint form and send in all of your thoughts, feelings and experiences with AdWords and AdWords support. This will allow the upper tier team to understand your viewpoint. 

All the Best,

James