AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Fixing Site Suspended for Misleading Content

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello board advisors,

A campaign to promote phone-calls to a call center associated with our clients website www.MetaboleanH2O.com was running succesfully for three days, all ads were approved and running. The campaign runs with Spanish language ads for Spanish-Speaking searches in the US & Puerto Rico. The link to the website (above) will lead you to the English landing page, but the website has a button where visitors can switch it to Spanish language if desired.

Yesterday we received an email indicating the website has been suspended due to Misleading Content. Further analysis of the policies column for the AdWords Ads indicates the site was suspended due to Misleading or Unrealistic Promotions.

• The templates that Adwords provides are extensive and vague (see links provided). We want to make sure we appropriately correct the website before submitting it for review.
  • We have been unsuccessful in securing more specific details from AdWords.
  • This campaign and infomercial are running on ten (10) TV networks in the US & Puerto Rico and the product claims complied with all of their Standards and Policies of those TV networks.

Could you take a look at our client's website and provide some advice? 

Do you think replacing the website link on the ads for one that leads directly to the Spanish-Language landing page alleviate the issue? These are mirror sites, the content is the same, only the language changes when clicking on the link.

I appreciate your cooperation. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Harry A;

Weight loss is a very sensitive  product / service to promote.

All claims must be within an acceptable  and common scientific  practice. In other words, weight loss can be promoted only by promoting   exercise and a moderate diet. (No other metabolism "magics")

I could not copy / paste examples of "objectionable"  claims because I had a pop-up which covering the home, which cannot be closed, unless closing the tab -  which is another serious violation on this site.

My view: this site requires a complete overhaul (technically and  in content) before being allowed to advertise with Google again.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Moshe.

This website is working well for our client as a companion to the TV infomercial campaigns and paid-social ads.

After reviewing your comments (and I thank you once again for your notes), I am inclined to propose to the client the building of a new separate and simpler landing page at an alternate URL domain, that only features the product as a 100% Natural Diet, with no other claims. And we'll center the content around the recommendations made by the two personalities that are endorsing the product. No other claims. Then we will use this landing page solely as a companion to our Google advertising.

The question is, before we embark on that task which we can turnaround fairly quickly. Do you think that new destination will be acceptable to the folks at Google AdWords if is constructed solely with the mentions that I just described?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Harry A
March

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again @Harry A;

Nope;

You must first fix the site in violation before the account can be  un-suspended. This is a corner stone in Google's policy. The violation must be fixed before the advertiser is allowed to return.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’