AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

First Person Claims "How I achieved X"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

as commonly known, for sensitive topics like health, dating or weight loss, google requires claims that indicate any sort of result to be marked with a "*" to a disclaimer. 

But is this also true for claims that are written in the first person?

For example:

"How I lost 10 pounds with this new method"

"How I learned to manage my diabetes without using any insulin"

claims like those would definitely need a * to a disclaimer if they were phrased like "how YOU can do X with Y method", but are first person claims an exemption?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Heinrich H
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Heinrich,

There aren't any technical loopholes when it comes to AdWords policy. Real people look at your site and make determinations based on the spirit of the guidelines. I doubt many Googlers would care or even notice the difference between first person claims or not - considering they might only spend seconds making a decision. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Heinrich H;

As I mentioned in my earlier / other replies I think that this is "playing with fire". In both of those sentences you claim a cure.   Promoting a cure / healing  treatment NOT commonly accepted by the scientific community -  will result in a suspmsiom (e.g - weight loss can be promoted only if followed by moderate diet and exercise)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Heinrich H
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Heinrich,

There aren't any technical loopholes when it comes to AdWords policy. Real people look at your site and make determinations based on the spirit of the guidelines. I doubt many Googlers would care or even notice the difference between first person claims or not - considering they might only spend seconds making a decision.