AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Financial Services Policy Struggles

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, one of my clients is a fintech company providing credit online, amongst other things. Since this afternoon, all their sites have been suspended due to violation of the financial services policies, mainly due to the required information not being displayed "prominently" as it's near the footer of the page.

I've been struggling to get an answer trhough rhe email and telephonic channels as the consultant, albeit very helpful, needs to confirm every question with the policy team first which ads a big delay in us resolving this. This is a big acccount and really need skme urgent assistance.

Basically we need to know if a banner or button that pops up with the required information located above the fold will suffice, as moving all the information above the fold would be very detrimental to the user experience.

our competitors are making use of this technique and it works for them.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Financial Services Policy Struggles

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Justen v;

It's hard to give a general answer without deeply and thoroughly  checking the site (which is, beyond of our scope here).

Financial services are a very  sensitive topic when promoted  on Google. Requirements change based on country targeted. Also, my experience has shown that sites suspended in  this business usually had  violated more than one clause.

Trying to answer your question, generally speaking, a disclaimer should clearly shown on the every page. The text of the disclaimer is  based on the product promoted. Thus, a pop-up banner IMHO, would  not  be acceptable.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’