AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Final URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Excuse if I use wrong terminology, I'm trying to understand the change from destination to final URL

All my ads redirect using a different domain I've been told and change almost daily with no real common theme in the link text

I have the display URL www.ao.com

My final URL is www.ao.com

My link for an example ad is

http://ecs-uk.kelkoo.co.uk/ctl/go/sitesearchGo?.ts=1435592508042&.sig=tmVwakt5FEV9u7dFMiqZ43An520-&o...

What do I do? Do I need to put anything in the tracking template? Any help appreciated

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Final URL

ANP Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
ANP Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hussain,

I'm not sure I fully understand the issue you are experiencing, however, I find that these guidelines outline the best practices for most scenarios. Failing that, the detailed URL migration guide can be found here.

ANP

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Today I seem to be experiencing a lot of This ad has been disapproved. Final URL redirects to a different domain.

My display URL and destination URL is of www.ao.com (but this happening with several domains)

The affiliate link I use is http://ecs-uk.kelkoo.co.uk/ctl/go/sitesearchGo?.ts=1435592508042&.sig=tmVwakt5FEV9u7dFMiqZ43An520-&o...

I've been told this is a domain redirect so I shouldn't need a tracking template. I'm also being told this is a tracking code. Totally confused

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hussain, can you try putting your affiliate link as your "Final URL" without using a tracking template and see if that works? There are only certain scenarios for which a tracking template is needed and it seems like you may not have to use it, which would simplify things for you I believe.

Hope this helps!

Amy

AmyBishopMarketing.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amy,

Thanks, I had been trying that but still get Final URL redirects to a different domain. I'm sure I dont need tracking templates, some ads get approved some don't (and I'm talking same domain/affiliate links)

Currently seems unable to add any new links