AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Fetch as Google AdWords bot for mobile?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,
I've recently implemented two seperate campaigns, one targeting desktop and the other targeting mobile devices (excluding tablets).
The destination URL directs to a webpage which auto detects computers/laptops and mobile devices then serves the relevant content optimised to the specific computer/device.

The adverts for the campaign targeting desktops ran smoothly, however I came across some errors with the mobile campaign. Ads came back with an 'Approved Limited' status with the following details:

• Reasons 
    Your ads are related to restricted products or services that can't show for this keyword. Rendering issues detected; landing page not serving on mobile devices with full browsers.
  • Ad policies
    Rendering issues detected; landing page not serving on mobile devices with full browsers.

The mobile landing page was tested on various mobile devices so I was unsure as to why this Limited Approved status was applied to my adverts. 

Is there any tool out there by Google or a third party where I could fetch URLs as the AdWords Google Bot to detect issues as to why the auto detection isn't working for AdWords?

(Just a note, I've changed the destination URL to the mobile page [where auto detection is not required] and adverts have been approved.).

Thanks!
Cam

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author nzcam
September 2015

Re: Fetch as Google AdWords bot for mobile?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again anzcam;

There is no "pre-ruling" tool that tells you whether your ad is likely to be approved or not

However, Google has recently introduced the "policy details column" that tells you the reason for disapproval.

Read more:

An easier way to view advertising policies

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello anzcam;

What you are saying is that the mobile version of the desktop landing page was not approved due to Policy violation?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe,
Technically it was approved for a few days then slowly each ad copy's status changed to Approved Limited.
I have changed the URL so it's all approved so that's not the issue anymore, but was wondering if there was something where I could test before submitting the ads for review?

I know I can submit ads through AdWords to recieve the status but in this case, the Approved Limited status was applied to ad copy over a 4-5 day period.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author nzcam
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again anzcam;

There is no "pre-ruling" tool that tells you whether your ad is likely to be approved or not

However, Google has recently introduced the "policy details column" that tells you the reason for disapproval.

Read more:

An easier way to view advertising policies

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Moshe, I thought that maybe the case!