AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Facebook.com as part of the display URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone, I was meaning to ask if it is possible to use Facebook as a display url for a Google Ad? Or will I encounter any issues with Facebook itself? I am looking to promote a Facebook page as one of my client wants to use Adwords as a means to do so. Will there be legal matters whatsoever? Kindly give me insights on this matter. It would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew M
September 2015

Re: Facebook.com as part of the display URL?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Andrew,
Yes, AdWords does allow you to use Facebook as a Display URL as long as it matches your Destination URL (your traffic must be sent to a Facebook page). Keep in mind, AdWords will only show one Display URL/Destination URL per query. If another advertiser is bidding on the same Keywords as you and also driving to Facebook, then only one of your Ads will show.
However, based on my experience, you'll typically receive better Quality Scores, more efficient traffic, and traffic that performs better by driving traffic to your Brand site.
Regarding any issues from Facebook direct, no, I don't think Facebook would have any issues with you driving traffic to their site. Only caveat being, in the chance that they could be bidding on the same Keywords, only one of your Ads would show.
This link may be helpful: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Using-adwords-with-Facebook/m-p/3...

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Adwords dont allow FB page as the landing page. It shall be dedicated website.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew M
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Andrew,
Yes, AdWords does allow you to use Facebook as a Display URL as long as it matches your Destination URL (your traffic must be sent to a Facebook page). Keep in mind, AdWords will only show one Display URL/Destination URL per query. If another advertiser is bidding on the same Keywords as you and also driving to Facebook, then only one of your Ads will show.
However, based on my experience, you'll typically receive better Quality Scores, more efficient traffic, and traffic that performs better by driving traffic to your Brand site.
Regarding any issues from Facebook direct, no, I don't think Facebook would have any issues with you driving traffic to their site. Only caveat being, in the chance that they could be bidding on the same Keywords, only one of your Ads would show.
This link may be helpful: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Using-adwords-with-Facebook/m-p/3...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Vkore91 your reply was very insightful. I have initially read the link that you provided and I got a bit confused which prompted me to ask the question again. Anyway, thank you for the replies. I will keep that in mind.