AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Extremely difficult to advertise my company

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work for a company called From War to Peace. We sell jewelry, bottle openers(beers not bombs), and other accessories made from disarmed and recycled nuclear missile systmes.  The problem I'm having is that we continually get flagged for saying 'weapon, bomb, missile, nuke' or anything of the sort which is essentially the core idea to our company.  We aren't selling those things, in fact it's quite the opposite. We are trying to transform those destructive weapons into beauty, yet the googles thinks we're selling bombs! Any suggestions?  I clicked the button to have the ad go through further approval but it was still denied. I'm stumped right now, wadya think?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Extremely difficult to advertise my company

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello; welcome to AdWords

Can you give an example of an ad disapproved?

Were the ads disapproved Or was your website suspended?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi FWTP,

How are you getting 'flagged' as you put it, is the issue with your website or with your ad content?

If it's the ads, check the policy details column (may need to be enabled) for more information (if available).  If your site is fine, I think you may just have to take a more traditional approach to selling these items via AdWords.

I took a look at your site and your products in no way represent or even look like weapons.  Is it completely necessary to use weapons related terms in your ads? After all it looks to me like you sell jewelry and accessories, perhaps you can save the information about how the items are made for the website. 

See what you can find out and let us know.  You may also want to call AdWords Support directly for answers as well.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Exception request is the initiation of a process that allows you to request a further, manual review of your ads if you think the policy doesn't apply to you. Since you have navigated into a difficult situation your only option seems to be to repeatedly file exception requests whenever an item of yours is disapproved or flagged by algorithms. 

This is the form: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?contact_type=approvals

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks I'll try this!

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi,

Are your ads actually getting disapproved, or just flagged for manual review?  The latter is still bad, because manual reviews are a bit slow lately.  I'm just trying to understand whether this might be an issue with our automated systems or with human reviewers.  (Assuming the ads don't actually violate any policies, of course.)

It would be helpful if you could post some ad text and a link to your web site.

Laura

AdWords review engineer