AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

External calls from a flash ad

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

i've been searching for an information on whether are we allowed to call an external server for some information.

Let's say i have an ad that displays either a black or white background, depending on my server time (an example..).

I could then simply call loadVars or sendAndLoad from inside flash to my server API and then set the background image color.

But, i can't seem to find any restriction specification on this. In the image ad advertising policies i've found this piece: "Ad code cannot make external server calls for additional JavaScript or other functionality. All functionality must be localized to the code itself."

--however, this is not an external call for javascript, it's an api server call to get some variable, you can't even call javascript with sendAndLoad method. I understand the obvious restrictions on javascript calls, that's why i think that this variable loading wouldn't have to be a problem.

Does anybody have any experience in this? I am really unsure on whether i'm allowed to do this Smiley Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roman J
September 2015

Re: External calls from a flash ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i have already contacted the google support for thisSmiley Happy it turns out there is absolutely no way to do this on google

the relevant statement:

I consulted this with our technical department again and currently the Flash ad will not be able to make any external calls. It is for reasons of security to avoid cross-site scripting and other bad practices.

View solution in original post

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Who can help Roman with his question?

Zee
G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roman J
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i have already contacted the google support for thisSmiley Happy it turns out there is absolutely no way to do this on google

the relevant statement:

I consulted this with our technical department again and currently the Flash ad will not be able to make any external calls. It is for reasons of security to avoid cross-site scripting and other bad practices.