AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Expiring domains in campaigns?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I was wondering, I have several websites/domain names which are about to expire, but these domains were part of my past and terminated AdWords campaigns.

Now that these websites have no use for me, I would like to let them expire, but will AdWords hold it against me? Are they going to be characterized as parked domains?

It's really a burden, these domain names, and I woudn't like to pay another anual registration fee for them.

Milosh

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Expiring domains in campaigns?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello  milosholaya;

This is a nice question. ...

• If none of the domains  violated the Policy - you could let them go.
  • If a domain violated the policy - It is still linked to your account ,and your account is at risk, even if you remove/ release  the domain. (I assume this is not the case, since had one of these domains violated the Policy, it, probably, would have been triggered during camping, and your account would have been suspended immediately).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Moshe,

Actually, some of these domains did violate a policy at one point, but I successfully solved that when I was brought to the attention of a violation. Do you think this could be a problem?

Thanx,

Milosh

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

milosholaya wrote:

Hi Moshe,

Actually, some of these domains did violate a policy at one point, but I successfully solved that when I was brought to the attention of a violation. Do you think this could be a problem?

Thanx,

Milosh

Hello again;

Yes;

Then, do not release them: if bought by someone else; ---> a new campaign launched (by the new owner ), and the system triggers it (for any reason), YOUR account might be at risk, because the violation happened while you were holding the domain. You will be asked to fix a domain, that you have no control over. (Transferred to a new owner)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Are you saying that I should keep the domains that were in violation, but that I can still let go the ones that weren't?

Thanx

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Moshe,

Can you please just clarify this last thing for me - I know I should keep the domains that were in violation, but can I still be able to let go the ones that weren't in violation?

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Since a policy violation was involved in the past, there is no simple answer, and I cannot give specific advice, without knowing the full details. (I don't know the type of violation and its status...)

The best would be, to call your local Google Customer Service. and discuss with them your specific case.