AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Expanded Text Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Experts,

I am trying to update an account`s ad to the expanded text ad format. However, each time I hit save, it gives me a notification that says "Cannot access removed ad" What are the possible reasons why I am not able to update the ad?

Looking forward to your responses Smiley Happy 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Expanded Text Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Amolliah R

Have you tried just creating new ETAs from scratch instead of trying to update old ads?

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Expanded Text Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I eventually did that although I never experienced issues updating the old ads

Expanded Text Ads

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yeah, that probably shouldn't occur. I've actually not tried editing any old ads.  I've been bulk uploading and using editor for most of my ETA work and they are all new ads so while I still can, we can measure performance between the two ad types. 

Keep us posed if you still see issues.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’