AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

[Example] Keyword stuffing in text ad

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all!

Just an example of the ad I saw recently. I don't know what to say except: don't ever do it. 

Ad doesn't say anything about company or benefits user will gain from using their services, it's bad user experience etc.

Maybe Google should put some extra effort in recognizing keyword stuffing in ads, I bet they would recognize it on website if it was used for SEO purposes. What do you think?

Do you have any examples such as this one?

keyword_stuffing.PNG

Regards,

Mate

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mate A
September 2015

Re: [Example] Keyword stuffing in text ad

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
My guess - DKI used in a very poor manner - I get that it's an awful experience and violates guidelines but IMO, if anything it's helpful to the other advertisers...who in their right mind would click on that....such a waste of resources on the part of the advertisers...

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
Hi all,

I haven't seen one like that before. We don't explicitly check for this sort of repetition because it just hasn't come up. I'll pass it along to the reviewers, and I'll see how easy / hard it would be to add a check for this in our code.

FWIW, as far as I can tell this sort of "stuffing" in ad text will have little or no effect on our ad scoring mechanism. Whatever effect it has will be indirect based on however it affects users' clicking behavior when they see it. I'm hoping nobody clicks it, it gets a really low CTR, and then drops off the face of the earth even before we disapprove it.

Laura
AdWords Review Engineer

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This ad violates the editorial guidelines and should have been disproved (and the advertiser banned! - For good- since this is an  intentional violation)

Somehow the ad "escaped" the radar...

@LauraAdEngineer ?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@MosheTLV I agree.

This is definitely intentional violation of Googles' policies and they should be banned.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
My guess - DKI used in a very poor manner - I get that it's an awful experience and violates guidelines but IMO, if anything it's helpful to the other advertisers...who in their right mind would click on that....such a waste of resources on the part of the advertisers...

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@PPCBossman You are right, it might be DKI, didn't think of that one.

Yes, it's helpful for other advertisers. I found one more example such as this one from same company, but not awful as this one.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
Hi all,

I haven't seen one like that before. We don't explicitly check for this sort of repetition because it just hasn't come up. I'll pass it along to the reviewers, and I'll see how easy / hard it would be to add a check for this in our code.

FWIW, as far as I can tell this sort of "stuffing" in ad text will have little or no effect on our ad scoring mechanism. Whatever effect it has will be indirect based on however it affects users' clicking behavior when they see it. I'm hoping nobody clicks it, it gets a really low CTR, and then drops off the face of the earth even before we disapprove it.

Laura
AdWords Review Engineer

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Thanks Laura;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Ad is now on last position or it's not even showing for search term.

I checked some other search terms for which they are advertising and it looks like this was a badly used DKI, like Tommy said.

Hopefully they will create better ads in future.

Regards,
Mate