AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Erroneous account suspension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My account was suspended because in 2010 and part of 2011 the HCG diet was another fad diet that alot of people were taking and we became distributors of the HCG drops because we liked it so much.  We created a website and didnt really sell very much so we just left the website up and didnt really pay any more attention to it.  We then started a different business in late 2011 and created a new adwords account and forgot about the HCG website.  Then we got a notice that the accounts were shut down.  We called to rectify the situation and we were told that HCG was considered to be a fraud and that we still had the website up.

We immediately shut the campaign down and deleted the website.  Then we were told that we had to upload the website again to show that we know how to follow the rules.  So we did.  That still wasn't good enough so we deleted all reference and keywords that were related to HCG.  This was still not satisfactory so we left it alone for a few months confused with what to do, we didn't even want this website anymore but it was hurting our main business.

We now made changes to the site letting any and all visitors know that the HCG supplement is not responsible for weight loss but the low 500 calorie diet is, then disabled all links including the order page and let all visitors know that we don't sell it ANYMORE!

We let google know that our current business is doing really good and is approaching the 1 year mark and is showing tremendous growth! We are planning to spend $10k-$20k per month with google adwords in the first quarter of starting with adwords to really expand our business.  We do not practice in any fraud nor do we even surround ourselves in it.  We merely forgot about it and turned our noses to HCG totally after the website did not perform well.  We were shocked to find out that it was so frowned upon because we took it ourselves and saw its success all over the web.

Our account was permanently suspended after several attempts to try to rectify the situation and now we just want to see if there is any possible way that this account is able to be reinstated.  Any help would be great, Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Erroneous account suspension

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello tryingtofix,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

If I understood you correctly, you want Google to reconsider your suspended account which is related to HCG as you said. And in addition, you have a second Adwords account which you are already running for a different business. Please correct me here if it's incorrect.

Now based on my interpretation above, certainly I would say that if an account is considered suspended from Google's side, you will not be able to advertise any more on that. But as you have said and explained the situation above, my best advice would be to talk to Adwords support and explain them the current scenario because account suspension is solely based on Google's decision.

Hope that may be of some assistance!

Pankaj

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 3
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi tryingtofix

Thanks for visiting the forum. I've escalated your case to the AdWords team for reevalution of your suspension.

Best,

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much Zee!

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.