AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Entering URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm in an affiliated marketing program, do not technically have my own site, and I'm having trouble with destination and display URLs.  I created several text ads only to have them removed due to entering my URLs incorrectly. Try as I might, having only the affiliated site URL and product URL, nothing I did would repair the mix-up. I switched them, I logged off my account, I restarted my computer, and even turned it off and let it set for a bit. I'm a newbie. Please help

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Entering URLs

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Read carefully the links Pankaj has posted.

Keep in mind that the Display URL should match the domain name of the site the searcher sees in their browser after clicking on the ad, after any redirects. The Destination URL for affiliates usually does involve redirects to other domains, for tracking purposes. Ask your affiliate company for clarification.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Linde, 

Thats a good question and there have been some great comments on the thread here. I'd also like to post this link here about editing URLs as it seems like it might be useful for you. 

A.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Linde,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Honestly I don't have much of the experience dealing with affiliate ads, but I would strongly encourage you to go through the Google's affiliate auction policy and What should you know as an affiliate advertiser?

Hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Read carefully the links Pankaj has posted.

Keep in mind that the Display URL should match the domain name of the site the searcher sees in their browser after clicking on the ad, after any redirects. The Destination URL for affiliates usually does involve redirects to other domains, for tracking purposes. Ask your affiliate company for clarification.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Linde, 

Thats a good question and there have been some great comments on the thread here. I'd also like to post this link here about editing URLs as it seems like it might be useful for you. 

A.