AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Eligible, but not running for the last month or so?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have run my ads for months without any problems, but out of the blue, the ads are "eligible" and do not show. Why is that?
All my chosen keywords are either "Rarely shown due to low quality score" or "Low search volume", although they worked fine earlier this year. Does this have something to do with it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Eligible, but not running for the last month or so?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

HI Peo,

Thanks for your question. Any or all campaigns are constantly being evaluated for good keyword searches which affect your quality score. Keywords marked as "Low search volume" are associated with very little search traffic on Google, an indication that they're not very relevant to most customers' searches. If the number of search queries for these keywords increases even a small amount, they'll be reactivated and will start triggering your ads to show again. Our system checks and updates this status once per week. Increasing the bid of the keyword is the quickest way to improve average position. This should then improve CTR which will in turn improve the quality score of the keyword. 

I would also suggest using your Keyword Planner to search for new keywords which you may add to your campaign to increase your traffic [and quality score]. The AdWords Keyword Planner is a tool available only in an AdWords account in the main menu , after clicking on "Tools and Analysis" .

Hope this information helps!