AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Edge Animate to Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I try to upload an ad made in Edge Animate. Had to add a meta tag to the html file, that worked fine.

Now when i try to upload it, it says  i use a html5 tag that is not allowed, 'style'.

I can't just remove or rename it in the code, it ruins the banner.

Anyone has a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Martijn

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Edge Animate to Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Martijn. AFAIK only HTML5 ads designed in Google Web Designer are accepted in AdWords.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello AdWiser,

Thanks for your response. It seems to work in DoubleClick: https://support.google.com/richmedia/answer/3525987?hl=en
So i thought it would be possible in AdWords, but thats a wrong assumption i'm afraid...
I tried to work with Google Web Designer, but Edge Animate works better for me.

Martijn

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You're right, Martijn, it works in DoubleClick, just as many other features available in GWD work in DoubleClick but not in AdWords. Which means it's a deployment platform limitation, not a development one.

Cheers.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Calin

I just tried to upload a test banner made in GWD, and it gives the same error about the style tag. So it seems AdWords is very limited in what it can handle. Maybe we should upgrade te DoubleClick...

Martijn

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

also, be certain that the ad-environment or the set of templates
is set before beginning; otherwise, the proper set of options for
the type of ad will not be preselected/restricted --
https://support.google.com/webdesigner/answer/4450409

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Celebird, but I'm sure i did choose the right ad-envirement, but it still complains about the style tag. I think you're very limited with transformations and thinks in Adwords.