AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ebay Shops display on shopping Ads without displaying VAT?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When i view Google shopping Ads results for 'mobility sccoter' & 'mobility products' I can see a number of users using Ebay Shops in the results.

When you follow the ads to the Ebay Shops it is clear that they are UK LTD Companies displaying prices without VAT.

Why are they allowed to show prices this way and is it a loophole in Google Shopping that allows them to display products this way?

The Google Shopping Policy states:

Google is compensated by these merchants. Payment is one of several factors used to rank these results. Prices shown include VAT and applicable fees. Shipping costs may vary depending on the destination and shipping method selected.

Has any one else noticed this? And how can it be stopped?

Is it a case of Google not wanting to loose the advertising revenue from Ebay?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ebay Shops display on shopping Ads without displaying VAT?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Lewis. Just report them, but please note that it takes some time before violations are reviewed and acted upon. It took me and one of my customers many reports before something actually happened.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.