AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

ERROR: Adwords Destination Url Mistach.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the ads, final url, i entered my landing page ie. http://survival_life.gr8.com/

It' giving me destination mismatch.

What seems to be wrong?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ask C
March 2017

Re: ERROR: Adwords Destination Url Mistach.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Ask C, to address your initial issue, I've had a further look at the "Destination mismatch" policy and I believe it might be just be a case of you including "www." within the final URL field while the actual site is listed without "www." Is this the case? You'll be able to see what I mean if you expand the first section on this Help Centre article and check out the Final URL sub-heading.

In reference to the squeeze page, there's a good chance you breach a policy listed here under the "Insufficient original content" section. To quote the article, you can't have the following: 

Landing pages that are solely designed to send users elsewhere

Examples: Bridge, doorway, gateway or other intermediate pages

I'm not guaranteeing that you'll have an issue, but I'd rather just give you a heads up in advance.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ask C,

Have you used your ClickBank URL anywhere in the campaign? There might be a conflict if an ad group is detecting two different parent domains.

I do want to give you a heads up at this stage that it's very hard to make AdWords and affiliate marketing such as ClickBank hard to work.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a typical squeeze page, where user, enters his email id and clicks the Get Access Button, and is redirected to the Sales Page.

What's the issue in this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does Google disallow, one page squeeze page? Should i add more content to it? Does the squeeze page needs to look like a website?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ask C
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Ask C, to address your initial issue, I've had a further look at the "Destination mismatch" policy and I believe it might be just be a case of you including "www." within the final URL field while the actual site is listed without "www." Is this the case? You'll be able to see what I mean if you expand the first section on this Help Centre article and check out the Final URL sub-heading.

In reference to the squeeze page, there's a good chance you breach a policy listed here under the "Insufficient original content" section. To quote the article, you can't have the following: 

Landing pages that are solely designed to send users elsewhere

Examples: Bridge, doorway, gateway or other intermediate pages

I'm not guaranteeing that you'll have an issue, but I'd rather just give you a heads up in advance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

To be precise, it gives me the error,

Your Display URL domain needs to match the final URL domain of your ad, including the mobile final URL domain if you’ve added one. Check your URLs to make sure that they accurately reflect where the user will be sent if they click the ad.

Is Final URL and Display URL, 2 different URLS?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it allowed to use TinyUrl(Redirect) , Even if the redirect is pointing at harmless sites like youtube etc.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Ask C wrote:

Is Final URL and Display URL, 2 different URLS?

They are different in the sense that the Final URL is where the person clicking the ad will be redirected to, while the Display URL is simply a vanity URL to give some sort of indication to the clicker on which site they'll actually be navigating to. I could have a Final URL of example.com/adwords-promotion-page and in this case my Display URL must match the parent domain, example.com, while anything proceeding the forward slash is simply for show. 

You can't use a TinyURL nor anything similar to this. Google wants its users to be clear on where they are navigating to, regardless of whether it's a really safe and known website.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't find 2 separate sections to enter, Final and Display URL. The Final URL is in the text ad, but where is Display URL to be entered?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Sorry, I thought you had access to an old ad version somehow. The old "standard ads" allowed an advertiser to change both the Display URL and Final URL, these new expanded text ads have a fixed Display URL though. When editing your ad, you should be able to see a line that says "Path", what URL is contained there?