AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

E cigarette allow or not

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am planning to promote my website which sells e cigarette in denmark. My question is that can i use adword to promote my product. Is advertising of e cigarette allowed? I have read google adword policy it says tobacco advertising is not allowed but product which stop smoking is allowed, & there is nothing mentioned about e cigarette. So can i do display advertisement of e cigarette product.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: E cigarette allow or not

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Johnson,

Google doesn't allow the promotion of tobacco.
Please Visit mentioned link for more information https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176038?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Johnson,

Google doesn't allow the promotion of tobacco.
Please Visit mentioned link for more information https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176038?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But e cigarette is not tobacco. It is helping many people to quit smoking.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Johnson,

This is not adwords question. If Google doesn't allow us to promotion of tobacco.We can't do anything. But I like to explain here.

According to FDA (U S Food and Drug Administration), they found cancer-causing substances in half the e-cigarette samples tested. Other impurities were also found, including one sample with diethylene glycol, a toxic ingredient found in antifreeze.

Studies have shown that e-cigarettes can cause short-term lung changes that are much like those caused by regular cigarettes. But long-term health effects are still unclear. This is an active area of research, but the safety of these products is currently unknown.

Personally, I tried both. IMO, E-cigarettes are not helping to quit.
You must note that E-cigarettes is also having some bad effect.

Toxin is toxin, You can't Neglect that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thaker, you need to cite your source. Carcinogens have been found in e-cigarettes but only when the liquid is burned due to excessively high heat. Unless the liquid manufacturer is doing something they shouldn't, no e-liquids contain anything other than FDA approved ingredients and when used properly do not contain carcinogens.