AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

E cigarette allow or not

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am planning to promote my website which sells e cigarette in denmark. My question is that can i use adword to promote my product. Is advertising of e cigarette allowed? I have read google adword policy it says tobacco advertising is not allowed but product which stop smoking is allowed, & there is nothing mentioned about e cigarette. So can i do display advertisement of e cigarette product.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: E cigarette allow or not

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Johnson,

Google doesn't allow the promotion of tobacco.
Please Visit mentioned link for more information https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176038?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But e cigarette is not tobacco. It is helping many people to quit smoking.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Johnson,

This is not adwords question. If Google doesn't allow us to promotion of tobacco.We can't do anything. But I like to explain here.

According to FDA (U S Food and Drug Administration), they found cancer-causing substances in half the e-cigarette samples tested. Other impurities were also found, including one sample with diethylene glycol, a toxic ingredient found in antifreeze.

Studies have shown that e-cigarettes can cause short-term lung changes that are much like those caused by regular cigarettes. But long-term health effects are still unclear. This is an active area of research, but the safety of these products is currently unknown.

Personally, I tried both. IMO, E-cigarettes are not helping to quit.
You must note that E-cigarettes is also having some bad effect.

Toxin is toxin, You can't Neglect that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thaker, you need to cite your source. Carcinogens have been found in e-cigarettes but only when the liquid is burned due to excessively high heat. Unless the liquid manufacturer is doing something they shouldn't, no e-liquids contain anything other than FDA approved ingredients and when used properly do not contain carcinogens.