AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicated keywords in two campaign with different domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two business campaigns that both would like to bid on the branding keywords, two sites using different domain, then is it possible to show 2 ads if both campaign are in the same adwords account?

I know that the best way is to separate account, but as the brand has trademark issue, we need more time to fix the trademark things... so the fastest way I can use is launch it in my existing account. Is it possible?

Thank you so much!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Duplicated keywords in two campaign with different domain

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome Smiley Happy

Please note that only one keyword per account is allowed to trigger an ad for you. So there is no need of duplicating keywords across your account unless you are targeting separate geographical regions.

I know that the best way is to separate account, but as the brand has trademark issue, we need more time to fix the trademark things... so the fastest way I can use is launch it in my existing account. Is it possible?

You can have separate Adwords accounts if there are 2 distinct line of businesses and are in no relation to each other. But if your both domains are meant for a single business, I won't recommend you to create 2 accounts because in that case you will be violation of Double serving policy. You can read more about it in this article.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello mediachk; welcome;

Using a brand name as keywords on two different campaigns is tough because the two keywords compete. (Assuming that you are allowed to use the brand name as a keyword)

I also would not open a second account without checking first that the two businesses fully comply with the double serving Policy

Check if you fulfil the conditions set in this link:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2600168

-Moshe

[Edited]Pankaj types faster.... You got the same answer from both of us...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey Mediachk,

I agree with Moshe and Pankaj.. If you have 2 businesses with the same products.. targeting the same keywords.. you maybe in for some trouble... you need to take care of the double serving policy.. also.. creating 2 accounts since you own both the domains may not be a solution Smiley Sad

Also, I did not understand what trouble you have with the trademark? is this the product trademark or is this your brand trademark?

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!