AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Downgrading swf file

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

From 8 banners that I have I was able to upload 5 of them but not 3. I downloaded a programm called "SWF Investigator" to try to see what is wrong. 5 of the files were version 9 but 3 were version 15. How can I change the version- what programm should I use and would it take a lot of time cuz my ads were created by a third party.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Magnet M
September 2015

Re: Downgrading swf file

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I doubt that just changing the version on a backup with a Hex editor will work for uploading. You can try changing the version on a copy of the file.

The point is you have to request the fla file from whoever created it to recompile it to an older version of SWF.

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Magnet M,

Read the discussion from here, it offers some hints :

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4624063?tstart=0

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I had already read this discussion, but can changing versions damage the flash files? I have very little experience in file coding/programming but it seems that I have to change something with that.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Magnet M
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I doubt that just changing the version on a backup with a Hex editor will work for uploading. You can try changing the version on a copy of the file.

The point is you have to request the fla file from whoever created it to recompile it to an older version of SWF.