AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Double serving or Mirroring

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi I have a website in English,  lets say www.example.com,  for which I have an adword campaign running. I want to translate the whole site and host it in www.example.de  and  start an adword campaign targeting  German language. So and so to other main languages.  

The site design and everything will be same, but the language. Would Google consider this as Double serving or Mirroring?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Double serving or Mirroring

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dean;

No;

Those are two distinct domains targeting different geo-regions and languages.

(There is an issue how you let Google bots know that those are  the same domain, in different languages - but that's an SEO topic)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Double serving or Mirroring

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Moshe 

thanks for your reply

i was thinking about setting it out as -

English - Geo region - World wide |   language - all language apart from the translated campaign languages.

German - Geo region - Europe | language - German

French - Geo region - Europe | Langage - French

so and so.. 

so for example. some one from Germany, already in UK, using www.google.de to search,  if i only target Germany and German lang,  i will be missing this passenger, (plz correct me if im wrong).

but this setting will overlap the regions. will this effect? 

Thank you

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dean
September 2015

Re: Geo - targeting and Language Targeting

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Dean;

Calin and I covered this question of yours on Geo-targeting and language targeting in a discussion on Wdensday:

You may also check this article on language targeting:

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’