AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Double serving - again

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting frustrated by this. I have this one competitor that keeps running Adwords for two sites he owns, which sell the same products. The sites are obviously owned by the same entity - same products, same contact information.

I reported this to Google repeatedly - they don't seem to be willing to do anything about it, even though there is nothing vague about this case. Here is a screenshot of the two ads, side by side:

Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 9.04.03 PM.png

Is there anything else I can do about this, except for reporting this all over again?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Double serving - again

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This is a double serving.
How did you report and when? The process does take a while
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply.

I reported these same ads twice, over the last 5 months or so. I used the link I found here, I think you posted it, actually.

Received no reply the first time, and received a reply the second time - pretty standard one, telling me they'd look into it and that they are "unable to discuss in detail the actions taken on other advertisers". The reply came on April 17th.

I don't expect them to explain their step by step process of handling this. What I care about is having Google stand by their own policies, and in this case, things are as clear as they can be.

I am a paying customer of Adwords, I am careful to always comply with their policies, and I see that there are other who don't (and therefore gain a considerable advantage over me), while Google does nothing, even after I reported this twice. 

Any ideas on how to handle this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can someone share the link to the page where I can report this (again)? I can't seem to find it anymore.

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
wait a while. I escalated the case, asking Google to check what happened
with your previous reports

Sent using an Android device. (Typos due to a mobile editor)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot! The first time I reported it, the second website in the screenshots above was a different one. That website disappeared a while back, and was replaced by the current one, which I reported again.

Again, thank you for your help. Will wait to see what comes out of this.

Just a quick question: in case of repeated violations, does Google block the infringing Adwords accounts only? Or are they also banning those websites from being advertised on Adwords?

I am asking because if they only block the accounts, new ones can be created pretty easily...

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I am not familiar with the technical procedure Google is taking. However, once the double serving is verified the business owner (i.e the owner of all websites) should be penalized. (Whether by warning or "3 strikes and you are out"  - I don't know.)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I see. So what do I do now? Will Google get back to you on this? I would like to know whether I should report this, or I will get a solution/official reply on this thread.

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
On a second thought, we could move in 2 tracks;
Go ahead and report using the following link, while we wait for Google's reply here.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK, just did it. Let's see what happens. Thanks again.