AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Double Serving

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I have 3 domains, for each domain own account:

D1 - where I promote product A

D2 - where I promote product B

D3 - web shop, where I sell products A , B , and others ...

If I advertise in the same time product A at domain-account D1 and also at domain-account D3 is this double serving?

If I will have just one account, can I start multiple campaigns with the same time, so promote product A at domains D1 and D3 ?

Thank you for your answers!

Regards,

Igor

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Double Serving

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Igor,

When you say product A, B, and C - just how different are these products? Typically the rule of thumb is 1 domain = 1 account but companies are not meant to have multiple ads showing at one time for the same auctions.

Now, if you have one domain that specializes in socks, one domain that specializes in dresses, and one that specializes in headbands - those three things are very different and unlikely to be served in the same auction. If instead you have one domain that specializes in red shoes, one for blue shoes, and one for green shoes - those things are very similar and could show in the same auction. If Google determines that all of those sites are being ran through one company, you do run the risk of being penalized.

You can have one account with different campaigns for different products. You just cannot have ad groups that contain multiple domains. Without knowing more about your company and products, it's hard to give concrete advice but I would say it's best to do whatever you need to do to avoid serving two or three ads for the same search query.

Hope this helps!

Amy 

AmyBishopMarketing.com

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I agree with Amy here.

According to policy, promoting the same or similar content from multiple accounts on the same or similar queries is an attempt to gain an unfair advantage.

The aim is to stop dominance of single business entity in the auction. If it is allowed to happen, one single business can take over all the ad spots on a search result page. Now in your case, I would be interested to know the difference between promote and sell. You said you promote product A and B on D1 and D2 respectively, but sell them all on D3. It's ambiguous. 

In the present scenario if you run D1 and D3 or D2 and D3 at the same time, they would obviously be double serving according to me. 

About accounts, you can keep them all in one account or different accounts, it's not going to make much difference in terms of double server policy. Though, it would be safer if you use a single account to have different campaigns for all these three domains and run only the combination advised above. Why? A single business owns all these domains, and yes they are similar as well. One account for per business entity is always safe.

However, there can be situations where multiple accounts may be required, in that case, it's better to connect with the AdWords Support Team and get accounts white-listed explaining the logic behind such requirements. 

My two cents.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Igor S;

@Amy Bishop is correct. The key here is what products  are promoted. If these are similar products, promoted by the same business,  targeting the same audience  - this is a violation of  "gaining unfair advantage" (the revised name of "double serving").

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’