AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Double Serving - two domain

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Suppose I have two domains.  www.abc.com and www.def.com, and the business is same in both the domains. One domain www.abc.com is advertised by some agency. Can i run the advertisement for another domain i.e www.def.com

Will it be treated in double serving policy.

4 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Celebird (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Double Serving - two domain

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

so, one business-entity with two (similar) domains (and the same similar items);
domain-one is advertised by agency-one as a search-campaign;
domain-two will be advertised by agency-two as a shopping-campaign.

regardless, the end result will be two adwords-accounts and one business --
despite the fact that two agencies will be running different campaign-types
for that same business-entity (with two domains); so, still a violation.

the business should likely decide on one domain and one (agency) account --
or two domains and one (agency) account if the two domains have completely
different targeting (such as france and germany); regardless of ad-format
or campaign-type differences.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Promoting the same products, with similar prices, by the same business, by targeting different domains, using different ACCOUNTS - is a violation of the unfair advantage clause of the Policy.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
@MosheTLV Thank you very much for replying. Can You please send me the link for the same also. so that i can study it.

Suppose prices are not mentioned in one domain, will it make differnece

Suppose we put different address and Phone no., will it make difference

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

>>>" Using the Google Network to gain an unfair traffic advantage over other participants in the auction

• Examples: Affiliates that advertise on AdWords against the applicable affiliate program rules, promoting the same or similar content from multiple accounts on the same or similar queries

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Ok Fine, Suppose in one account i am targetting  abc.com only for search camp. and in another account i am targetting  def.com for Shopping camp. Still it will fall in double serving policy or unfair means

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
It sounds to me that you are trying to "game" the system or to find loopholes.
My advice: don't do that. It could end up horrendously!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
I'm getting the same impression as Moshe...but to give you the benefit of the doubt...why don't you try to explain the end goal with this situation. Why would you want two different accounts? Why wouldn't you be able to promote both domains from the same account?

There may be a legitimate reason and process for something like this but they way you're asking these questions, it really seems like you're trying to exploit the policy, or something.

Explain more, and maybe there will be a solution that isn't risky.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

No no i do not want to do that. Actually one of camp is running by some other adwords agency, but now client wanted me to run another camp for anthor domain. i.e def.com

But i do not want any policy violation, that is why i want to be 100% sure so that client should not suffer

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Jeewan,

To follow with Moshe above, I would like to add that you can advertise multiple domains, but in a single account where you say that all domains are pointing to the same business. You can create different campaigns pointing to different domains from within that single account. So it will not be considered as Double Serving because you are advertising multiple domains from single account and not multiple accounts.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Celebird (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

so, one business-entity with two (similar) domains (and the same similar items);
domain-one is advertised by agency-one as a search-campaign;
domain-two will be advertised by agency-two as a shopping-campaign.

regardless, the end result will be two adwords-accounts and one business --
despite the fact that two agencies will be running different campaign-types
for that same business-entity (with two domains); so, still a violation.

the business should likely decide on one domain and one (agency) account --
or two domains and one (agency) account if the two domains have completely
different targeting (such as france and germany); regardless of ad-format
or campaign-type differences.