AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Double Serving Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a competitor running what I think/feel is the definition of double serving. They have two ads running at the same time that dispay like this:

company.com/product (always in the top 3)

companystore.com/product (always on the sidebar)

They go to different landing pages, but the branding and info is basically the same and if you copy and paste companystore.com, it redirects directly back to company.com so it is not hard to see the ads are from the same website and company.

Am I wrong or is this not double serving?

I have reported this at least 5 times to Google over the last 6 months and they gave me zero results. They say they will investigate but will not tell me the results or even if it has started or been completed. Pretty frustrating.

I feel that since Google is not taking action on this that it is acceptable. Could somebody please give me some insight on this type of situation?

Thanks for reading.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Double Serving Question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hmm
How did you report?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
A few calls and emails to Adwords support.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
use this form:
https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?rd=1
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have used that one as well.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
So it could be that Google did not find any violation. You'll have to be more specific and upload screenshots if you want us to have a deeper look.