AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Double Serving Policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How will Adwords protect me from competitors who use my website in their Adwords account to announce a fake discount that is far less than what I offer on my website?

Note: competitor will use my website as their landing pages

Double Serving Policy

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@mohamed z

what would your competitors gain from this?  Any click accrued would cost them, not you. Are they competing for the same keywords? Sure, it might cause you some grief with a potential customer, but why would your competitor be willing to pay for that?

You can make sure to put some signals out there that prove your account belongs to the website in question.  Put remarketing/conversion tracking tags on the site, and link Analytics with Adwords.  Your competitors will not be able to do this even if they are using your site as a landing page.

Double Serving Policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The question is why doesn't AdWords verify website owners to protect companies from their competitors? 

Double Serving Policy

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@mohamed z

Because not all websites being advertised on Adwords are owned by the advertiser. There are many legitimate reasons why someone might use Adwords on websites they don't own.

There are  policies in place to protect from abuse that could occur from this.  For example, you can't have a call extension that doesn't match what is on the website being advertised unless you verify you own the website.