AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Double Serving Policy / Multi-Ad breaches not being enforced

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have reported a clear breach (it ticks all the "please don't do") of the Google policies on double serving yet still they allow it to occur. I have reported this five times now by telephone and via feedback submission yet it appears that it somehow is not a violation despite being exactly the same host, exactly the same branding and products and pricing...

A screenshot of a search term in adwords

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Double Serving Policy / Multi-Ad breaches not being enforced

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Paul,
Thanks so much for your feedback. I'll make sure to pass it along to the Policy team.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kathleen,

Hopefully fair play will resume again shortly but this is to be seen. I'll keep you and the community updated on whether infringements continue to occur.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
They are still double serving. #3,4,5,6,7,8,9 targetted at user searching 'brick slips' after 3pm...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kathleen - as anticipated the offender is back with avengence after a small subsidence...

So basically for anyone who wants to take up all the space on google adwords all you need to do is the following:

1) Buy up cheap domain names using hyphens to space the keywords out
2) Host a single copy of a website and use MOD_REWRITE to rewrite all hits on the domains to the one hosted IP
3) Then you can setup multiple adwords accounts on different cards (though I suspect it is only one or two credit cards) and set a modest budget on each and expect to only get a click or two from each of the ads BUT knock all your competitors off the ads...

Nice one!...

Google Adwords Team seems unable to prevent this from happening for any sustained period of time.