AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Double Serving: Case Study

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody,

I'm clear about the Adwords Double Serving Policy though I have a doubt for the particular case.

Let's say we have one product that has it's own site e.g: product.com. We can't use the main domain for advertising through Adwords due to the range of reasons, and 'd like to register e.g: product.net domain with the same content product.com has. So then we'd like to run Adwords advertising only of the second domain (product.net). Will it influence anyhow the main one (product.com) or vice versa?

Thanks in advance for help!

Elenka

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: ndRe: Double Serving: Case Study

Top Contributor
# 14
Top Contributor

@Елена Я;

If I understand correctly the structure, the course of action I would take is to minimize, as possible, the traffic to the  current site (e.g. Eliminating the "Partner" with the suspected malicious content), fix the site  as required (assuming could be fixed), and  resubmit for a review.

Once  the site  un-suspended, and the account reinstated, only then, I would launch a campaign with the new site. At that point, you can return and use the "initial" site for other affiliate activities (without promoting it on Google).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Re: Double Serving: Case Study

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
So to make it clear: only one domain will be promoted using AdWords?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, you're right.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Then; in terms of AdWords,  no Policy violation here. Though in terms of SEO you need to let the Google bot that this is a duplicate content. There are a few techniques to do that. Consult your webmaster.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great, thank you a lot for the answer!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Elenka,

If the first site, product.com, cannot be advertised because Google previously flagged it for policy violations and a previous AdWords account was suspended, creating product.net may not be a solution. Often, Google is able to identify the same advertiser who simply moves to another website.

I'm not saying that this is the case here but I think it's worth at least exploring and making sure that there were no previous policy issues with AdWords directly.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
PPCBossman, being honest that's true. The product.com was suspended and for now we can't solve this problem as it doesn't depend on me. Though I still need to find a way to advertise via Adwords and I'm gonna do it without any policy violations, having the separate domain and buying traffic for this domain only from Adwords (no affiliates, partners, etc.).

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
In my opinion, you're at a very high risk of being identified as a previously suspended advertiser which automatically will get your new site suspended, regardless of whether or not it's viable (no violations) on it's own.

I'd hate to see you invest time and money into a site to try and get back to a point where you can advertise only to see the same result.

In essence, at the end of the day, you're trying to get one over on Google. If they realize this, you'll end up right where you are today, only with two sites that cannot be advertised.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Елена Я;

If I had known that you had been suspended - my reply would have been initially different.... You would not come to  a doctor telling that you don't feel well, while   not disclosing that you had 24 hrs of high fever - would you?

Now, when the cause for using a different domain is now known, then there is no other way but  to fix the violation in order to return and advertise.  If this could be done at all..... Fixing  a domain  prior to un-suspension is a firm requirement by Google. Note: if there were multiple violations Google might not reinstate the account even if the violation is fixed.

ndRe: Double Serving: Case Study

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm sorry if I made you think that I try to hide the information. I did it not deliberately.
The situation is the following: the product meets all the Google Policy Standards. The domain was suspended as some of the affiliate partners "dropped the ball" (and we can't exactly investigate in what way) and Adwords policy team found a partners link (not Adwords one) and the site was suspended for "Malware" .Why?! Because one and the same domain was used for advertising for other traffic sources and different sources led the traffic to the landings withing the same domain.
Due to the row of the reasons we can't move other sources to the different domain now as well as to stop collaboration (it doesn't depend on me personally), and I'm looking for the way out of this situation.