AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Double Ad Serving: In House vs. Agency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Community:

I am in-house seo/sem manager for Univision. In this case I will be running a campaign to a particular sports section to promote a sporting event we cover (World Cup). At the same time, an agency has been awarded some budget as well to run other types of campaigns on the same section, althoug not necessarily at the same time. Should I worry about DOUBLE AD SERVING? even though it's not the same company running the campaigns? I mean, one company would be us Univision, the other, the agency, but to the same website. 

Can anyone help clarify? 

Thank You.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Moises S
September 2015

Re: Double Ad Serving: In House vs. Agency

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
Well.. Whether Univison runs the campaign in-house, or outsources it to an agency, doesn't make much difference.
The question is whether the same landing page  (e.g website) or similar landing pages,  owned by the same business entity (in this case Univision) are triggered using different accounts.
If this is the case (as I understand from your question) then there is a violation of the "double serving"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
MosheTLV, seems we are both Moishales, hey thank you very much, yes I thought so...it helps to corroborate with your answer, looking forward to connect more.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Moshe,
Let me add more details here, our website is structured by very defined vertical, sub-domains, for example: musica.univision.com, noticias.univision.com, deportes.univision.com. Do you think the double ad serving policy would apply if the campaign are run: adwords account 1 to vertical x , adwords account 2 to vertical y ?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Moises S
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again;

This is a bit complicated....
Generally speaking; though there are many nuances here, this depends on:

• The type of services (products)
  • Pricing of the products on each domain 
  • And customer support, offered on each domain;
  • Branding - whether there is a unique branding.

If  3 of those are unique - it would be OK;

Having said that - this is a general "rule", and we need to look into the specifics;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you this is helpful, in our case we just do digital content for entertainment or informational purposes (journalism). I will actually consult with my adwords representatives and update the thread with their input.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Moshe is correct this would be double serving. You would have no risk of "bad behavior" like disapproved ads but only 1 ad would show at 1 time. This policy also goes off of top-level domains so even if it were on sub-domains it would still be doubleserving.

You create a "micro-site" with a separate URL that has a different purpose and you and the agency could run separate ads. But essentially you and the agency would be competing with each other.

You also could potentially have different targeting. Your agency targets 1 demographic while you target another.