AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Dont Know Why I Got This ! Account Suspension !!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently create ads campaign on adwords and update my card as the primary payment with no coupon used. After 24-48Hrs, i got this RED tab tag;

"Your Google AdWords account has been suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified."

Can someone explain why i got this ? Am i not eligible to use adwords ?

Thanks. . .

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dont Know Why I Got This ! Account Suspension !!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

It typically happens when you forget about an old AdWords account where some amount could not be paid due to an expired CC. Please check your former accounts.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Lakatos !

I checked and found that i'd already created adwords account before with same billing address and other data but different email address. In that i got "Your ads aren't running because we haven't received your payment"

What do you think i can do ? Possible to delete one ? Please advice !

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

You are probably identified by your billing address or name or something else. Bottom line is that as long as you have expired debts towards Google in an old account you'll not be able to utilize the new one. You're advised to go back to the old account, add a new form of payment with new CC details and settle that small debt. A few days after you're done with it, chances are you'll be able to use the new account.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i do not owe Adwords any debt on the former account. I just created the account, update billing info with my cc then left the account without creating any ads campaign whatsoever.

Is there a way to delete former account or simply edit/delete former billing address so the new one could work ? Or i should cancel the new one, then go back and start using old one ?

Thanks for your time !

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Actually, you cannot permanently delete an AdWords account. Even if you don't owe money to Google, keeping on file an expired CC can cause problems. Anyway, I'd go back to the old account, modify payment info as described above. If the account allows, I for one would go ahead with the new ads in the old account and forget about the new one.  

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi,

I strongly suggest you contact AdWords support, explain to them what happened, and ask what they can do to help.  They will have access to your account details* and be able to see exactly what is going on.

Laura

AdWords engineer

*They can't see everything (e.g. only the last few digits of credit card numbers), but they can see most other things.