AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Domain name approval

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone,

I have two questions that If We buy a domain which was expired from Google Adwords but after the expiration that domain is now available in Domain Registration like anyone can buy the domain from any domain registrar. So my question is, if we take that domain for making Google Adwords, what will be the behaviour of Adword system with that domain? Either this would be consider new domain as this is purchased newly or Google would consider it a previous domain.

2nd) If the domain name has expired from Google adwords and if we transfer domain to another person and they change domain registrar like i bought domain from xyz.com and they change registrar to abc.com and change domain ownership and make new website and content and layout, what will be the next with that domain or website while making new Adwords account.

Best Regards

Kashif

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Domain name approval

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kashif,

Your questions are a bit messed up and not easy to interpret. My best guess is you basically mean that you wish to register an expired domain name that someone else used to run ads for previously via AdWords. That's up to you, no issues at this end. You are also welcome to run new AdWords ads for it.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Lakatos.

Thank you for your feedback! Actually i just wana know that if any domain which has expired on google Adwords account, you can say that Account was suspended instead of domain but domain was used in suspended adwords. can i borrow that domain with my name and make a new adwords, can google will accept that?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
If you use a domain which was suspended, you account will be automatically suspended, until the violation is fixed, (if can be fixed)
My advice: do not use a domain, previously suspended by Google. The domain name has no effect on your campaign performances., Pick a different domain.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Mosh,

Thank you for your time! You said very true but if i take a domain which expired long time ago from adwords account and the domain is ready to buy from any domain provider, is Google have history against that domain or Google will consider it new domain as it bought now.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Once a domain is suspended - it is suspended for good, unless fixed. Since you don't know where was fixed or not I would not take the risk.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there any way i can check the domain status from Google Adwords Support.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

No. Unfortunately, Google support doesn't have this info.

I know that a "prior ruling" about a domain Policy status could helpful to advertisers, prior to buying a domain, However, this  info is not disclosed publicly.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
As Moshe said, there is no advantage to using a particular domain name. If you know that it was suspended previously, then it would wise to choose a different domain name instead.

It is quite common to purchase a new domain that is just for promotional / advertising activities. Rather than worrying about this old domain, just come up with a new one and be without worries.