AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Domain changed adds disapproved!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

Being a total novice at this, I did not know you could not point to a domain that was parked.My domain bacon4u.com was parked at Sedo and, of course, my ads were not allowed.

So i set up a campaign for my Smashwords authors site, which was approved and  happily collected clicks and such and was happy.

I recently decided to UNPARK my bacon4u.com doman from Sedo and instead use it as a full fledged domain showcasing all of my Smashwords writings and other things related to my so far unsuccessful career as a writer. I set up a hosting thing on WIX and set the baco4u.com domain to encompass the WIX site so I ctually could get some use of out bacon4u (which i like as a name)

HOWEVER the system STILL thinks bacon4u.com points to Sedo as a parked domain (which it isnt) and as such, my campaign has been disapproved. I resubmitted a request explaining what happened but I am now wondering if I am doing anything else wrong.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Domain location changed, ads still not approved.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

Being a total novice at this, I did not know you could not point to a domain that was parked.My domain bacon4u.com was parked at Sedo and, of course, my ads were not allowed.

So i set up a campaign for my Smashwords authors site, which was approved and  happily collected clicks and such and was happy.

I recently decided to UNPARK my bacon4u.com doman from Sedo and instead use it as a full fledged domain showcasing all of my Smashwords writings and other things related to my so far unsuccessful career as a writer. I set up a hosting thing on WIX and set the baco4u.com domain to encompass the WIX site so I ctually could get some use of out bacon4u (which i like as a name)

HOWEVER the system STILL thinks bacon4u.com points to Sedo as a parked domain (which it isnt) and as such, my campaign has been disapproved. I resubmitted a request explaining what happened but I am now wondering if I am doing anything else wrong.

Re: Domain changed adds disapproved!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Steve,

Here's the thing, feel good about the fact that you can probably still recover from this. I assume you're receiving email messages telling you that you've violated the parked domains policy? Or are you checking by viewing the Policy Details column?

Before I can even dig into the parked domain possibilities, there could be some other issues here. 

Just so I understand properly, you have two sites being advertised from the same account or from separate accounts?

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi thanks for the assist!

Originally, bacon4u.com was parked at Sedo with a bunch of links. I didnt know you couldnt use adwords for it so when i tried to create a campaign it was disapproved. I then deleted that campaign and created a new one for a totally different site hat had nothing to do with bacon4u.com.

later i decided to unpark bacon4u.com and create an original content website using bacon4u.com as my domain name because i like it. i made a website on WIX.com that shows all my writing projects and such. I switched the NS on United Domains (where bacon4u is listed) to WIX. and everything on bacon4u.com is now my own corner of the Net that shows all my writings on Smashwords as well as other stuff related to my epic failure of a writing career.

I then create a NEW campaign for the NEW NON PARKED bacon4u.com.

HOWEVER, the system still thinks bacon4u.com is a parked Sedo site and, as such, will not approve my ads.

I THINK maybe it takes a few days for the NS switch at United Domains to go through? I have no idea. You can visit the site for yourself and check it out. I do not know why it still thinks its parked at Sedo. its all very confusing to me as I have no idea how any of this stuff works.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Steve,

The NS switch at United Domains has been complete, otherwise the website bacon4u.com would not point to a full fledge website where it is pointing now.
Every disapproved ad shows a reason why it was disapproved. So in your case after you made a new campaign for the new non parked domain does the ad approval reason specifically state that the ads are being disapproved due to a "parked domain".
it could be that the ad disapproval could be because of a different reason, like mis match between display and destination url.
I am sure u have checked this , but still just at the risk of repeating things, we might want to be doubly sure.

Regards
Ellaiah.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is what it says:
Site Policy
ad to which this ad group belongs has no active keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Steve,

As the message reads, there are no active keywords in the adgroup.
May be u have paused all the keywords in the adgroup.
Please check,

Regards
Ellaiah.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
nope they are all green and good to go.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Strange,

you might want to try the following
Option 1.
Make slight modifications to the existing Ad. Only slight, not major. Like rewording a word, or adding a comma, or may be even adding a fullstop somewhere in the Ad. This is to make the system believe that u have modified the ads, and force the system to recheck your ads.

Option 2.
Call the customer service number for adwords and let them have a look at your ads.

Option 3.
You might have tried this method already, hence I would not suggest you to try it again.
Create a new campaign starting anew and upload the new campaign and ads and see if they get approved.

Regards
Ellaiah.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Already tried option 3 and just tried option 1. I wonder if its just a matter of waiting for the parking report to actually just "clear" itself. I only did the transfer today. Even though the website points to the correct page maybe the system needs a day or 2? I submitted it for a review explaining what I did. I am rather hopeful this can be worked out.