AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Does the system keep 1 click from an invalid clicking computer ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed today 18 clicks for 3 impressions on one keyword. While refreshing , during an hour it became 1 click for 3 impressions and I could see in the column "invalid clicks" 17 clicks. Obviously no conversion happend.

My question is did google keep 1 click out of 18 from that computer which performed 17 invalid clicks or was that 1 click from another computer and all the 17 clicks from another computer ?

What is the policy for invalid clicks, do they delete all the clicks from the source or just 1 removing the others as invalid ? 

Re: Does the system keep 1 click from an invalid clicking computer ?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I think that depends on what kind of invalid clicks it is. If one or more clicks are invalid because Google sees that it is the same user clicking on the ad multiple times, I´d expect that they could keep and let you pay for at least one of those clicks, because it was the amount of clicks that made them invalid, not the user per se.

If on the other hand they notice that the same user clicks your and others ads with the sole intention of increasing your costs, I´d guess they make all clicks invalid

How would they find the difference between those ... ? Good questions, but I gues that they could, at least sometimes (looking at the users click-behaviour in general)

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

So if a thieve steals 180 $ from you and the police man catches him it is all right to let him keep 10 $ because he is cute and he gives the police man 4 $ from those 10 through ad sense ?

I think all clicks from a user who generated at least 1 invalid clicks in the same day should be invalidated due to bad user intent, but i could not find a documented source that explains how things work in this situation and I am sure that such a person who might be a competitor will repeat the gesture in the future.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

There could be a good intent in a click and a less good intent in another click done by the same user (as if I click your ad multiple times within a short time span, not necessarily just because I wanna spend your money, but because I am uncareful or lazy)