AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Does Google really permit TRIPLE SERVING? Do they not take this seriously?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have seen my competitor double and triple serve for over a year now on 784 keywords in thousands of cities and nothing seems to be getting done about it,  My compliants have fallen on deaf ears.  Do I have to go to the FTC to make a formal compliant?  Does anyone else see this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Does Google really permit TRIPLE SERVING? Do they not take this seriously?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

I've written about this before. Are we talking about one company, or a corporation's (holding company, etc.) subsidiaries?

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2600168

To comply with this policy, advertisers should avoid running ads from different accounts on the same or similar keywords that point to the same or similar websites. Violations of this policy occur when multiple websites share Common Ownership (defined below), plus when two or more of the following factors are present:

• Common product offering: For physical goods being sold, the sites share products in common such that a user browsing the site would perceive little difference in inventory between the sites.
  • Similar pricing: When pricing is available on the sites, there's a price difference between the sites of 25% or less for substantially the same product or service. When two or more sites solicit contact information from users in order to provide a custom quote, they will be considered to have zero price difference.
  • Similar customer support experience: The sites offer the same or similar type of product or service for which the customer can expect to receive the same or similar level of Support (defined below).
  • Brand: The sites have non-differentiated Brands (defined below) for which either the brand name is the same or the logo is the same.

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Does Google really permit TRIPLE SERVING? Do they not take this seriously?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

I've written about this before. Are we talking about one company, or a corporation's (holding company, etc.) subsidiaries?

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2600168

To comply with this policy, advertisers should avoid running ads from different accounts on the same or similar keywords that point to the same or similar websites. Violations of this policy occur when multiple websites share Common Ownership (defined below), plus when two or more of the following factors are present:

• Common product offering: For physical goods being sold, the sites share products in common such that a user browsing the site would perceive little difference in inventory between the sites.
  • Similar pricing: When pricing is available on the sites, there's a price difference between the sites of 25% or less for substantially the same product or service. When two or more sites solicit contact information from users in order to provide a custom quote, they will be considered to have zero price difference.
  • Similar customer support experience: The sites offer the same or similar type of product or service for which the customer can expect to receive the same or similar level of Support (defined below).
  • Brand: The sites have non-differentiated Brands (defined below) for which either the brand name is the same or the logo is the same.

Tom

Re: Does Google really permit TRIPLE SERVING? Do they not take this se

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running into the same issue, our competitors are triple serving and I have reported it a month ago.  Why hasn't anything been done?