AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Does Google hate Clickbank?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We recently set up a website for a hypnotherapist to sell downloads using Adwords as one of the means to do this. The website has failed Google's site policy three times now and is currently suspended, This is despite major re-writes and a lot of scientific and medical data to support the product now included.

We used Clickbank for payment due to credibility and safety for buyers. Perhaps a little late but we've since discovered that there might be a policy of banning any website that uses Clickbank. I've had several conversations with Google staff which gave nothing away really. On the last occasion I phoned three times, and on the last two occasions I asked for a call back which didn't happen. 

We are about to try Paypal but before we do If anyone can shed any light on this I'd be grateful.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does Google hate Clickbank?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

It's unfortunate that your account has been suspended. But I would say that advertisers should really understand the policies meant for running Google Ads because if something that isn't allowed would be caught one day or another and would be penalized too.

Advertising Polices

You will find many threads referring to clickbank issues and I am afraid to say that running Adwords with Clickbank is certainly not a fruitful combination because of advertising policies concern.

I found one for your reference: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/is-that-allowed/m-p/53898/highl...

Pankaj

Re: Does Google hate Clickbank?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

I don't think it's the platform you are using (=clickbank) to advertise, but  rather the content  - The healthcare and medicine section of the Policy, prohibits the promotion of a cure to any illness, regardless its effectiveness. (The only exception is a pharma company that can promote informative site for an approved medicine).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’