AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Does Google Adwords allow adult ads in text, image and video form?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Everyone!

I have been reading Google Adwords for many days and, I am confused about a few things. In adult-oriented page it is written  that "We don't allow "adult" ads in image ads, video ads, and other non-text ad formats" then in restricted adult content heading below sexually suggestive content( which is allowed under certain conditions) it is written that "Content containing sexually suggestive text, images, audio, or video. So, both these things are apposite to each other, I want to know does Google Adwords show adult text, image and video ads in Google search results? Furthermore, my country is not listed in any family statuses so will family-safe, non family safe and adult ads show in my country? Please reply me in detail ASAP.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does Google Adwords allow adult ads in text, image and video form?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Please link the page you have found this confusion
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I don't find the quoted sections. Please upload a screenshot of the page and mark the relevant sections in question.
Thank you
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey MosheTLV

I am sharing two screenshots, in the first screenshot, it is clearly said that Google doesn't allow adult ads in image, video and any other non-text formats, So do they allow adult ads in text format? and in the second screenshot , you will see that Google allows ads of Content containing sexually suggestive text, images, audio, or video, strip clubs, sex toys and other nude content. Please see both screenshots and tell me does Google allow adult ads in image and video formats in Google search results. Furthermore, my country is not listed in both family safe ads and non-family safe ads, so does Google show adults ads in my country? Please reply me ASAP.Prohibited contentallowed contentallowed content

countries

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Silent Hill;

A Policy page layout / structure is  designed to explain the general / governing rules in the upper  / first part of the page.  Exceptions and special cases are listed  in the lower part of the Policy page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey MosheTLV
I do know what is mentioned in the first part of the page and second part of the page. Kindly, read my previous question carefully and see the screenshots and reply me back.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Silent Hill;

I did read your initial post,   to refresh my memory, since posted 3 weeks ago, and  I don't find the text ambiguous at all, nor do I find any "contradictions" within the text.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@ MosheTLV
I uploaded the screenshots so you can see that under some conditions Google allows adult content which I highlighted in the screenshot. I find the text ambiguous because in the first part of page Google prohibits to show adult content and in the second part it allows adult content under some conditions. This is confusing. Anyways, thanks for your help.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Silent Hill; As I mentioned, the second part lists  exemptions/ exception to the general rule.