AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Doctors offices / Medical practices are being discriminated against

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My clients are doctors and medical practices. They have websites with useful information for their patients.  Apparently, if a doctor/medical practice wants to advertise in Google, they cannot have any reference on their website related to "Prescription Refills".  However, this is very big problem since almost every medical practice posts information for their patients related to the prescription refill policy.  The medical practices are not selling nor dispensing any prescription medicines.  However, Google Adwords bot is falsely flagging my client websites and disproving their ads until they remove any information related to Prescription Refills.  

This seems to be a huge issue since doctors and medical practices need to be able to put their policies on their website for patients to read.  If they cannot post that information, the patients will have to call their office to get the information.  This would negate a benefit of having a website.  

What is the best way to tell my clients that they cannot not advertise in Google AdWords unless they strip their website of any information related to prescription refills?  or should they just skip advertising altogether?  

It seems to me that Google's bot is unfairly categorizing, flagging, and penalizing tens of thousands of valid websites owned by doctors and medical practices who do not sell prescription drugs.

medical practices. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Doctors offices / Medical practices are being discriminated agains

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David S

Could you elaborate on "prescription refills"?.

Does the physician extend / re-prescribe  the prescription? OR does the physician  actually sell the medication to the patient? If the latter - then, this is  in Google's eyes an online pharmacy.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’