AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Do pharmaceutical manufacturers need certification from NABP?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

As an agency working on behalf of a pharmaceutical manufacturer, I am aware that we are required by Google to obtain the healthcare-related advertising certificate before we can fully advertise on Google AdWords. However, I was recently informed that I would also need to acquire a certificate from National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP.net) even before I can obtain certification from Google and want clarification on this policy.

As background, we are not an online pharmacy and thus, do not believe that we need the NABP certificate. Our ads land on a branded website simply advertising the product and we are not linking to 3rd party pharmacies in which customers can purchase this product.

We've been struggling with this policy for about a month and our issue has yet to be fully resolved. Please advise and thank you in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do pharmaceutical manufacturers need certification from NABP?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Vinny W

We had a similar issue in the past, which took a while  to resolve, in which   due to the landing page content  an  NABP certificate was also  required.

Please share the landing page, we could have a quick  look.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there any way of providing you with the landing page in a private message? (We are not allowed to publicly link to the page due to pharma regulations.) If not, can you provide general reasons why the landing page you are referring to required the NABP certificate?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Vinny W;

We volunteer here, and share our expertise and experience among other advertisers. (This is one of the goals of this community),

Thus, all advice / suggestions/ recommendations / in this community are public. You would agree that there would be no added value to other users, if portions of discussions here would become private, as if it  were "a one on one" private   service.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV, right, I totally understand and apologize for suggesting a private conversation. But due to regulations, I cannot publicly link users to the landing page. That being said, do you mind providing me with general reasons a pharmaceutical manufacturer would be required to obtain a NABP certificate in order to advertise on Google?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Vinny W;

One of the things I have learnt  during my  professional career in regulatory  and Policy: no single case is identical to the other, and concluding from one case about  another, without proper analysis of the case, could be tricky. There are so many nuances and fine  details that differentiate cases, and make each one a unique.