AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Do I need pricing information in my Google Catalog?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've got pricing information for my product listing ads, merchant center, etc. I'm just curious if pricing needs to be depicted in the Google Catalog itself when I submit the PDF for review?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JulianaS (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Do I need pricing information in my Google Catalog?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi there, 

Thanks for your post!  You do not need to include additional pricing information in the PDF version of your Google Catalog, since your Catalog is connected to your Merchant Center account.  When a user clicks on an item for more information, relevant details about that item (including its price) will be pulled from your Merchant Center data feed.  Users will also be given the opportunity to click through to your website and make a purchase.

From a user standpoint, though, it may be a good idea to include pricing information next to each item--simply because this is the format of most catalogs.  It gives users more information about your products right off the bat, and lets them know immediately if something is within their price range (without that additional click).

Please let us know if you have any additional questions about Google Catalog!  You can also check out the Help Center

Sincerely, 

Kelly W.

Re: Do I need pricing information in my Google Catalog?

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 3
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Kelly, Thanks for the details!
Zee
G+