AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Dissaproved Ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everybody,

I have a problem about the dissaproval status with several of my ads.

Lately a lot of my ads are being disapproved, due to either inaccurate display URL or Destination URL is not working.

The strange thing is I haven't changed anything in my Display URL and it used to be running fine. It also doesn't affect all my Ads although they have exactly the same Display URL as the once that are disapproved. I have checked if there are any invisible character in the URL, used the Google webmaster tool and read all relevant threads, however I can't find a solution anywhere. This is quiet an urgent/big problem for me, since a lot of my ads are currently not running.  

The problem is similar for the ads being disapproved due to destination URL. 

Does anyonebody has a clue how to solve this? And I'm also a bit worried wether Google will penalise me or not, because I've tried several times to upload them again (with or without changes) 

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dissaproved Ads

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi

If your destination URL and display URL belong to the same domain I don't see much of a problem to occur that kind of disapproval in your ads

Have you clicked on your disapproved ad text in campaign and checked whether it leads to URL you intended to? Also does your ad text content matches with your destination URL content?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Bram,

Display URL: To comply with this policy, you'll have to ensure every ad group has ads pointing to a single domain, that's same as the destination URL. This includes paused ads as well. If you have ads pointing to different domains withing the same ad group, you'll have to delete one of them.

Destination URL: As per the policy, your destination URL shouldn't lead to an error page or a page under construction. Please ensure it loads properly on all browsers and under all circumstances.

Please read more about these policies in this article. Let us know in case these things are in place, so we can troubleshoot further.

- Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Without seeing the URL's it's hard to see, but I think Sumanth's point about having two different domains in the same ad group is the most likely culprit if everything else checks out.

You can also Google's policy team and they should be able to help you.

One other note is that URL's are case sensitive, so if your URL is lowercase like most are, but your destination URL has any capital letters that might trigger an error page.

Did you actually click on your ads to see what page it takes you to?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sumanth and Nisal,

Thank you both for your reply.

Display URL: Sumanth, I see I have in some AdGroups different display URL's and I've changed them and as far as I can see that solved the problem, but that unfortunately only solved the problem in some cases (I see now it got a specific disapproval message: One display URL domain per ad group). Thanks!!

However, for most of my disapproved ads I just get the notice: Inaccurate display URL.  And the strange thing is I've uploaded several of my banners again, and some of them are not disapproved anymore, while I didn't make any changes.  

I just noticed I do see some conflict with the policy, the display url doesn't have the same domain as the destination URL, but somehow it only gives a problem for a couple of ads and not for all of them. And I actually just uploaded ads with the original (and therefore wrong domain) and now all out of the sudden they are approved. 

I'm not sure how to proceed, I'm consindering changing all the display URL's to the one with the domainname, but that might not be the smartest thing as more than 90% is still approved with the wrong domainname.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Bram,

Sometimes there might be a delay in ads getting approved or disapproved by the AdWords system. Ads approved with incorrect display URL doesn't really mean they are good to go, as they would be disapproved later. If all ads in the campaign are supposed to point to the same domain, I'd suggest changing the display URL in bulk for all of them, using AdWords Editor. If they're all text ads, you can select all of them and use 'Change text ads' option under the 'edit' menu to make bulk changes to Display URL.

For ads disapproved due to destination URL, I'd recommend manually checking each ad's destination URL and ensure all of them lead to the intended page that's working. Also check if the 'http' or 'https' option in front of the actual URL is selected appropriately.

Feel free to write back if that doesn't resolve the issue.

Good Luck,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Hi Brian,
If you are still having this issue, let me know and I'll have someone on the AdWords team look into this for you.

Kathleen

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the replies! You're advice worked. The ones that didn't work yesterday I submitted again and now everything is approved!

Thanks again Smiley Very Happy

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Good to know that your ads are all approved now. Good luck with your campaigns, Bram!

Best,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar