AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Dissaproved Ad - but still ran campaign!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received an email to say my ad was disapproved as the desintation URL was not the same as my fb page.  I then left it.  Then they ran it anyway and changed the destination URL to my Facebook page!  I didn't want it to go to my Facebook page!  They didnt even tell me it had been approved!  I've now clocked up almost £25 on an ad directed to an unfinished page!

Absoutely disgusted as I received no email to say it was magically no longer disapproved and the next email I received after the first one to say it was disapproved was 'You've been up and running for 2 days now!' so I didn't even know I was paying for a useless and unintented campaign!

David

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dissaproved Ad - but still ran campaign!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David J Google will not change the destination URL of your Ads, something else has happened here.  Disapproval reasons related to Destination URL are usually either that the URL doesn't exist, that it doesn't match the Display URL, or that there are different Destination URL domains within the same Ad Group, which one was the original error?

Have you checked the change log to see what changes were made and when?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits