AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Display campaign, error 403 disapproved ads, Google crawler not able to crawl the site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Guys,

I fixed the robots txt file. and for some reason my ads are still being rejected by Google.

I followed this article:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6368661?hl=en

I checked the htcaccess and I don't see any rule that might reject Google's bot from crawling the site.

I am using Wordfence which could be the one causing this issue but I am not sure yet.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Cheers,

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Display campaign, error 403 disapproved ads, Google crawler not able to crawl the site?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi David,

The Wordfence plugin for WordPress is a known issue for the adbots for AdWords. You will need to disable it, as Moshe has suggested. From there, contact your website hosting provider and make sure they are not blocking any IP addresses by country since many do without telling clients. You have to insist that any location in the world can access your website 24/7.

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Is the site open for crawling from all locations and all devices?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, It is but I am having second thoughts about this Wordfence plugin perhaps is blocking the crawlers

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Try to disable it

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi David,

The Wordfence plugin for WordPress is a known issue for the adbots for AdWords. You will need to disable it, as Moshe has suggested. From there, contact your website hosting provider and make sure they are not blocking any IP addresses by country since many do without telling clients. You have to insist that any location in the world can access your website 24/7.

Kind Regards,

James