AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Display URL policy when a domain is a mobile phone number

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Is there any policy against display URLs which represent a domain made from a phone number as in www.0722xxxyyy.com ? The company which contacted me has this domain in order to gain more phone leads.

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Display URL policy when a domain is a mobile phone number

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The policy on no phone numbers applies to headline and ad text. As far as I am aware, this does not apply to display URL.

If the users domain is their phone number, the advertiser simply CAN'T use a different domain.

Ultimately, the advertiser is going to lose out far more on branding and domain name recognition than they will get on calls.

Who would even know to call the number after the www?

Discussion on this from earlier this year: http://www.webmasterworld.com/google_adwords/4558286.htm

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The policy on no phone numbers applies to headline and ad text. As far as I am aware, this does not apply to display URL.

If the users domain is their phone number, the advertiser simply CAN'T use a different domain.

Ultimately, the advertiser is going to lose out far more on branding and domain name recognition than they will get on calls.

Who would even know to call the number after the www?

Discussion on this from earlier this year: http://www.webmasterworld.com/google_adwords/4558286.htm

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks.

Actually they have 2 domains, 1 with brand name and 1 with an easy to remember phone number. I will test the ads sending visitors to both sites in 2 ad groups, and will see which destination URL offers more leads.