AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Display Network Targeting- Ineffective placement

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

when i set display ad based on keywords. The website where my ad is getting displayed are not relevant at all. I am getting clicks from irrelevant audience. What can be the reason?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display Network Targeting- Ineffective placement

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI Rahul,

Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

AdWords uses contextual targeting to match your ads to relevant sites on the Google Display Network using your keywords or topics, among other factors.if you select your successful keywords of the search campaigns, these will not show your ads always on accurate placement. 

In order to get the best placement you need to identify best keywords. Learn how to find the keywords For GDN:-Link

You can also add some negative keywords that are not relevant for business in campaigns

AdWords allows us to see the placement report and placement exclusions features.thus try to find the non performing placements and irrelevant placement and exclude them from campaigns/AdGroup. 

Category Exclusion is also a good features in AdWords. You can exclude the irrelevant category for your business. 

Hope this will help youSmiley Happy

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’